Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Chakra Affirmations

MULADHARA – The Root Chakra


The Sanskrit word Muladhara means “root” or “base”, and the energy of this chakra affects the lower body from the feet up to the tailbone, including the genitals, as well as the skeletal structure. It relates to our feelings of security and belonging, and whether or not we feel grounded and supported in this world.


As you sit or lie comfortably, relax completely and keep your awareness on the energy and sensations of the lower body. Red is the colour that resonates with the first chakra, so you could visualize a glowing red all around your base.



I live from my integrity.
I love sincerely and from my heart.
I am connected to life in all its glory.
I know who I am and I make choices based on what I know to be right for me.
I take responsibility for who I am and how my life is. 
I confirm my right to belong and be a part of something greater than myself.
I know I am truly good.
I am strong and I’m able to handle any situation.
I stand for justice, truth and love. 
The universe is a safe and benign place that always provides what I need.
I am always protected and guided. I know that I belong.
My body supports me in living a creative and happy life.
I am open to the spirit of life, which carries me beyond my perceived limits to a higher, more creative place.
I’m thankful for all the opportunities for growth and development that have come my way. 
I am grateful for the challenges that have taught me who I truly am.
I forgive and release the past and live in the here and now.
I love life.

 ____________
The above affirmation was adapted from the works of Ambika Wauters.
The Chakra descriptions and guidance are my own.

Love and light,
Susan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment